Gyms and exercise classes are hugely popular and as a result, many people do all their exercise indoors. While indoor exercise is undoubtedly a great way to stay fit, if you’re not doing some outdoor exercise each week, you’ll be missing out on the unique benefits of vitamin D.
Vitamin D is often referred to as the ‘sunshine vitamin’ because exposure to the sun’s rays stimulates the production of it within your body. Its main role in the body is to support the absorption of calcium and phosphorus – two nutrients that are essential for strong, healthy bones and teeth. It has also been linked with a reduced risk of colon cancer.
Most people don’t spend enough time outdoors to stimulate the production of vitamin D and take full advantage of its benefits. By doing some light outdoor exercise each day or a few times each week, you can ensure that your body produces plenty of vitamin D and keep your bones strong and healthy as a result. There are lots of different outdoor exercises to choose from with walking, jogging, outdoor bootcamps and bodyweight exercises all being excellent choices for topping up your vitamin D levels. To start unlocking the benefits of vitamin D, simply find some outdoor exercises you enjoy and start incorporating them into your weekly routine.
The section below provides you with lots of extra information on vitamin D and its role in the body. It also contains further information on the benefits of some of the most popular outdoor exercises along with a number of outdoor workouts you can try. So make sure you have a read of the articles and learn all about how exercising outside enhances your health.
1) Vitamin D Explained:- An article discussing the role of vitamin D in the body, the best food sources and more.
2) Brisk Walking Benefits:- An interesting article outlining how brisk walking can boost your health.
3) 10 Health Benefits Of Jogging:- A detailed article outlining 10 key ways that jogging enhances your health.
4) 30 Minute Bodyweight Workout:- A 30 minute workout that consists of six bodyweight moves, all of which can easily be performed outside.
5) 12 Weightless Workouts You Can Try:- A 12 step no equipment workout that builds flexibility and strength and can be performed outside.
6) Bodyweight Soccer Sprints:- An innovative bodyweight exercise that works all your muscles and can be performed anywhere with a set of soccer posts.