2. Definitions And Interpretation
- Data: collectively all information that you submit to freefitnesstips.co.uk via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
- Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and / or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
- UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
- User or You: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by freefitnesstips.co.uk and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to freefitnesstips.co.uk and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
- Website: the website that you are currently using, https://freefitnesstips.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. Our Commitment To Privacy
4.1. Your privacy is very important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on every page of this website.
5. Child Privacy
5.1. We are concerned about the safety and privacy of our users, particularly children. Parents who wish to allow their children of under 13 years of age, access to the website and its services should supervise such access and use. By allowing your child access to the website and its services, you are allowing your child access to all the services including email, bulletin boards, chat areas, news groups, forums, and / or other message or communication facilities. It is therefore your responsibility to determine which services are appropriate for your child. Always use caution when revealing personally identifiable information about yourself or your children via any of the services. We never collect information from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
6. Data Collected
6.1. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- Website usage data and download statistics
7. Our Use Of Data
7.1. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, freefitnesstips.co.uk is the “data controller”.
7.2. We will retain any vital Data you submit for an indefinite period. This includes information associated with a transaction, purchase, subscription or membership. We retain email addresses for marketing purposes for an indefinite period – unless you click the Unsubscribe link in an email – in which case you will stop receiving marketing correspondence and your email address will be deleted within 30 days.
7.3. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
7.4. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
7.5. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customize or update the Website;
8. Email Privacy
8.1. freefitnesstips.co.uk will never contact you via SPAM or UCE (Unsolicited Email) to promote its newsletter or products. We will only contact you when you subscribe which is via confirmed opt-in.
8.2. All our newsletter subscribers are confirmed opt-in subscribers. This means that they confirm their subscription to our newsletter through an email link that is sent to them. All newsletter subscriptions have an opt-in date and IP address proving that the opt-in event occurred. Every mass-mailing that is sent out comes with an unsubscribe link at the bottom, and a single click opt-out option is offered.
8.3. If you do receive SPAM promoting freefitnesstips.co.uk we apologize. Please do not let the actions of a spammer taint your opinion of our website or services. To report SPAM please forward the suspected SPAM email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Reporting SPAM’.
9. Third Party Websites And Services
9.1. freefitnesstips.co.uk may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
10. Links To Other Websites
11. Changes Of Business Ownership And Control
11.2. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
11.3. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
12. Controlling Use Of Your Data
12.1. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
13. Functionality Of The Website
13.1. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
- Cookie settings for Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings for Safari
- Cookie settings for Firefox
- Cookie settings for Chrome
14. Accessing Your Own Data
14.1. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by freefitnesstips.co.uk (where such Data is held). You can request this information by emailing email@example.com
15.1. Data security is of great importance to freefitnesstips.co.uk and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
15.2. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
15.3. We endeavor to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
16.2. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
16.4. This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies
- These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies
- They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies
- These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies
- These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
16.5. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
16.6. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalization settings.
16.7. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
17. Transfers Outside The European Economic Area
17.1. Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
18.3. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
18.4. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
May 23, 2018