Now that Christmas is just around the corner you would hope to have all your presents bought, wrapped and placed under the tree. However, every year it always seems that there are a few people who you just cannot find the right gift for. So this year why not tackle the problem by introducing them to the world of fitness with one of the eight Christmas present ideas listed below.
1) FOOTBALL:- Christmas is traditionally a time where exercise takes a back seat. So why not mix it up this year by getting someone a football? Not only is it a perfect present for most boys but it can also be used to give the whole family some exercise over the festive period. Simply drag everyone away from the TV for a few hours and suggest a Christmas kick around in your local park.
2) GRIPMASTER:- Whilst I have not yet personally tried the Gripmaster product I have read numerous positive reviews and it looks like a fantastic product. Unlike most other grip strengthening products, the Gripmaster allows you to exercise each finger individually which means you can work on any weak fingers and bring them all up to equal strength. Since it is portable and unique the Gripmaster is a great, fun way to gently initiate a friend or family member into the world of fitness.
3) GYM MEMBERSHIP:- Most gyms run offer trial memberships and a lot of them offer special festive deals on these. So if you cannot think of any tangible Christmas gifts that would be suitable for a certain person this year, get them a gym membership. If the person in question does not need too much motivation to start exercising then a standard gym membership should do. However, if they need a little extra push you may want to get them a few introductory sessions with a sessions with a personal trainer.
4) IPOD:- The iPod is not specifically a fitness product. However, music is a great motivational tool to get people exercising. It can make jogging more fun, help you power through a tough gym workout or give you the push you need to do some exercise when you really do not feel like it. So if there is someone on your gift list who needs a little inspiration to get them exercising perhaps the iPod is a perfect present for them. If they already have an iPod you could try “borrowing” it, purchasing some motivational tunes, loading them on to the iPod and then giving it back to them in time for Christmas.
5) NINTENDO WII:- If there is a gamer in your circle of family and friends who you want to make a little more active then the Nintendo Wii is the perfect present to combine your interests. They will love it because they get a brand new games console and you will succeed in getting them more active because they will have to move around every time they play on the Wii. If they already have a Wii then go one step further and get them Wii Fit – a videogame that is specifically focussed on improving your fitness.
6) POWERBALL:- The Powerball is another potential Christmas present that is both fun and promotes exercise. The technique takes a while to get used to but once you master it the Powerball becomes very addictive and you will find yourself competing against friends and family members to get the highest score.
7) ROCKY BLU RAYS AND DVDS:- With the Christmas weather getting colder and colder it becomes increasingly difficult to find the motivation to exercise. It can be very tempting to just sit on the couch in front of a warm fire and catch up on the festive films. So why not give that special someone the motivation they need to exercise over Christmas by getting them one or more of the Rocky films? After watching one of these films the recipient will be raring to go and start training like Mr Balboa himself.
8) TRAINERS:- Do you know anyone who you keep trying to get to train with you only for them to say they do not have the right equipment? Well this year you can cut the excuses and get them a gift by giving them some trainers for Christmas. Then next time you go ask them to come training it will be the perfect opportunity to test out their new present.
If you are looking for that last minute Christmas present then I hope this article has given you some ideas. Whoever you are buying for the list above should contain a suitable gift.
Want an early Christmas present? Click the banner below to grab a copy of Lose Weight for the Holidays: