Hello everyone. Today’s article is a guest post from Scott Gray. Scott Gray is currently a fitness enthusiast who enjoys providing health and fitness tips to people looking to lose weight and get in shape. He maintains a fitness web site where you can find tips to help reduce your belly fat and find the best stationary exercise bikes.
Not everyone can get outdoors for the perfect run, walk or the perfect bike ride. That’s why most exercise tips include the buying of an indoor piece of exercise equipment like a stationary exercise bike.
Stationary exercise bikes are an excellent source of exercise and fit in a fairly small space. They don’t stress the feet and they keep your back posture good while you’re exercising. Using an exercise bike can be fun and can provide you with an excellent workout without ever having to leave your home.
Your best bet in choosing an exercise bike is to go to a big store where you can try out the different brands and styles. It can even be a new and used exercise equipment shop if you want to save money.
There are stationary bikes with magnetic resistance, bikes with mechanical resistance and recumbent exercise bikes. An upright cycle looks like a regular road bike in which the rider is upright and vertical. A recumbent bike has the rider leaning against a backrest with the legs sitting out in front. You get a better workout on an upright cycle.
An upright cycle allows the rider to move more and they can ride while standing up or be seated in a racing position. Try out both the recumbent and upright exercise bicycle at the store and see how your back and legs feel while riding the equipment.
Buy the bike you like but before you do be sure to check out online for the best deal. In the world of stationary exercise bikes, it doesn’t pay to buy the cheapest one and expect it to do the job of one of the higher end bicycles. In most cases, you should buy a higher quality upright or recumbent bike and allow it to give you a long life of safe riding.
You will pay for quality but it will be worth it when you exercise. If you start having fun on your exercise bike, you will want to exercise more.
A few tips when buying stationary bikes include the following:
- Anytime you have small children in your home, you should strongly consider having a shrouded wheel and a shrouded chain so that kids’ fingers can’t get into the mechanics of the bicycle.
- If your model has a monitor, you need to be able to reach the monitor very easily so you can do things like adjust the tension when you need to. The model should show you the distance, speed, calories expended, resistance level and time. Fancier models will have more things on the monitor like preplanned exercise routines.
- The better bikes are sturdy and heavier but even those should have wheels to move the bike around when necessary.
- You should consider stationary bikes with magnetic resistance, which are quieter than those with mechanical existence.
- Having a heart rate monitor is a good idea because it lets you set a pace for yourself which is the best for fat burning or cardio levels. A good bike will have a cordless strap for your chest that measures heart rate. This is more accurate than bicycles that have a hand-grip monitor. Cheaper bikes may offer a cordless chest trap as an option.
Buying a stationary exercise bike takes a lot of time and research. You need to pick out one that best suits your needs and budget but one that’s not to cheap. Exercise bikes take a lot of pounding so you’ll want a bike that holds up under pressure.