Loneliness, isolation and rejection are feelings shared by people across the globe. Just because you are physically isolated it does not mean that you will automatically experience these feelings. Being alone can be a beneficial and enjoyable experience if it is a situation you choose to be in. Loneliness, isolation and rejection are feelings of disjoint from others, which can sometimes be damaging. These feelings often lead to people becoming scared of being alone. In this article I discuss how to identify if you have a problem regarding feelings of loneliness and how you can overcome such a problem.
The feelings of loneliness, isolation and rejection are often linked to personal insecurities and poor self esteem rather than physical loneliness. If you feel this is the case with you, then you need to start looking internally at the possible basis of these feelings. Some useful questions to ask yourself include:
– Does being on your own physically mean you are unloved or unwanted?
– Do you feel like a social outcast just because you do not have a partner?
– Do you feel like you need to enter into new relationships quickly even if this means undergoing lots of heartache and pain?
As you can see from the nature of these questions a lot of people move from relationship to relationship because they are looking for an answer to their state of disconnect. They feel that by being in a relationship, even if it is not the right relationship, they are no longer alone. However, this is not a realistic solution to the problem. Below I have outlined six effective ways you can remove this feeling of disconnect from your mind and destroy your fear of loneliness:
1) FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE:- This should help fill the gap in your heart an make you feel a greater sense of worth.
2) IMMERSE YOURSELF IN A CAUSE:- This will enable you to feel and show both compassion and kindness. By giving yourself to the cause you will feel extremely needed and wanted.
3) ADOPT A PET OR TWO:- Caring for pets will reduce your feelings of loneliness because there is now a living creature out there that depends on you.
4) PICK UP A HOBBY AND PUT PASSION INTO IT:- By doing this you will be too busy to be lonely and you may also meet some people you can connect with.
5) PICK UP A READING HABIT:- Reading will expand your mind and lead your thoughts away from feelings of isolation and rejection.
6) FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF:- Regardless of your physical condition, your financial circumstances or what others say about you, YOU have to start thinking about yourself positively. This will really help you rise above the negative feelings that destroy your sense of belonging.
By implementing the above steps you should restore some of your passion for life. In doing this you will no longer rely on other people for personal happiness. By discovering your own self worth you will instead find motivation from within, and your thoughts and actions will no longer be driven by the fear of loneliness.