Now that the New Year is upon us you are probably starting to act on your New Years resolutions. Perhaps you want to quit smoking this year? Maybe you want to get rid of your beer belly? Whatever your goals I wish you all the best and if they are fitness related there is plenty of great content available on this website to help you hit them this year. Today I am going to be reviewing my fitness resolutions for 2010 and making my fitness resolutions for 2011.
REVIEW OF MY FITNESS RESOLUTIONS FOR 2010
1) TO ENTER A 10K RUN:- Unfortunately, I did not manage to enter a 10k run for the second consecutive year. The main reason for this is that my cardiovascular training has been inconsistent over the year meaning that my cardiovascular fitness levels never got high enough to enter a 10k run. This has been mainly down to time constraints with my full time job, a full weight training program, doing some part time work for my friend and working a lot of hours on this website leaving very little time for cardiovascular training.
2) TO SLEEP MORE:- This is another fitness resolution I have struggled with. Again the reason for this is time constraints. Since I do a lot of work on this website at night time but still have to get up in the mornings for my full time job, sleep is something that often gets compromised.
3) TO BE MORE CONSISTENT WITH MY TRAINING:- This is one resolution I did manage to achieve. Whilst I have had the odd week where my training schedule has not been great, over the year as a whole I think I have been pretty consistent.
4) TO GET NOTICEABLE IMPROVEMENTS FROM MY TRAINING:- This is another resolution I achieved. I have managed to increase the weight I am lifting in a number of areas including dumbbell chest presses and squats. I have also started to track how much I lift each session so I have a visual representation of whether I am improving or not.
5) TO BE MORE CONSISTENT WITH MY BLOG POSTS:- This has probably been my most successful resolution. Apart from January 2010, I have managed to consistently post new content to Free Fitness Tips and have averaged 8 posts per month. I have also started to compile a more detailed plan for this website which outlines my weekly, monthly and annual plans in terms of content. This has allowed me to be much more productive and given me increased focus when it comes to working on this website.
Overall, I achieved 3 out of the 5 resolutions which in my opinion represents a pretty successful year. Hopefully, I can carry this momentum through to 2011 and achieve even more of my fitness resolutions.
MY FITNESS RESOLUTIONS FOR 2011
As you can see from the fitness resolutions I failed to achieve last year, time constraints are a big issue. This year I want to address this issue by focussing my efforts on this very website. Now this may sound like a contradiction as surely spending more time on my website is going to place further time constraints on other activities? In the short term this is true but in the long term it should save me massive amounts of time.
For example, once I have covered all the key nutrients that foods contain on this website then writing other articles about nutrition suddenly becomes a lot easier. Once the core information is available on this website I just have to have a quick browse to refresh my memory and then I can quickly write a new article. The initial work to cover all the nutrients will take massive amounts of time but going forward it will reduce the time it takes for me to produce articles in this area.
Here is another example which uses website traffic. If I put more effort in now creating unique, quality content for my website it will start to become more popular and get more visitors. As it gets more popular I will get more interest from guest writers who want to publish their content on a high traffic website. By writing more content now I will actually have to write less in the future and save myself some time.
So without further ado here are my website focussed fitness resolutions for 2011…
1) TO HIT OVER 30,000 VISITORS PER MONTH:- Free Fitness Tips had 15,000 unique visitors for the month of December 2010 which represents a massive improvement on December 2009’s 8,000 unique visitors. This year I want to improve even further and hit over 30,000 unique visitors by December 2011.
2) TO POST NEW CONTENT EVERY 3 DAYS:- At the moment I aim to publish new content every 4 days. Next year I want to knock this gap down to 3 days which will mean that you guys get more free fitness information than ever before.
3) TO COMPLETE MY NUTRIENT ARTICLES:- Last year I used a large proportion of this website’s content to cover the different nutrients found in food. I managed to cover the macronutrients, the macrominerals, the microminerals and had previously covered the vitamins. This year I want to wrap this topic area up by breaking down protein even further and covering the amino acids and also covering flavanoids and phytonutrients. Once complete this will mean that information on any nutrient in food will be available right here at this website.
4) TO PROVIDE MORE VALUE TO NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBERS:- Currently the Free Fitness Tips Newsletter is little more than a monthly update. Next year I want to be in much more regular contact with subscribers and use the newsletter to provide weekly content updates.
5) TO IMPROVE MY CURRENT FITNESS LEVELS:- Whilst I think the above resolutions will free up a lot of time I do not want this to be at the expense of my current fitness levels. So at the very least I want to maintain my current fitness levels during 2011 and ideally I want to improve them. I will still be going to the gym at least 3 times a week and tracking my progress after every session. By the end of 2011 I want to be able to lift more and have more stamina than I did at the end of 2010.
All the above resolutions should be of great benefit to you – the readers of Free Fitness Tips, as they will all improve the quality and quantity of content you receive on this website. So here is to a healthy and successful 2011. If you have any of your own New Years resolutions that you would like to share please do so by leaving a comment.
Want to improve your success rate with New Year’s resolutions this time around? Then give Goals On Track a try. Goals On Track is a unique piece of goal tracking software that allows you to set and visualise goals, manage them daily in a time efficient way and measure your progress: