Hello everyone. Today’s article is a guest post from Christine who is a freelance writer and self proclaimed fitness freak.
With the New Year in full swing, you are likely working on your resolution to get fit and healthy. Are you searching for a way to get fit without spending money? If so, the following information will be helpful for you. Below are 20 ways to get fit for free.
1) Train For A 5K:- Running is a great way to get fit. Choose an upcoming 5k in your area and get busy training.
2) Join A Walking Group:- Walking briskly for 30 minutes to an hour a day can also help you get fit. Join a walking group and enjoy the company as you walk your way to a fit lifestyle.
3) Look For Free Online Workouts:- The internet is a fantastic tool in helping to lose weight and get fit. Search for free online videos that can show you the moves you need to get fit.
4) Workout At The Park:- The park is free and is also a great place to get in shape. Take advantage of walking tracks, pull up bars, etc. at the playground.
5) Participate In Community Sports In Your Area:- You community probably has sports teams that you can get involved in. Look for events such as softball tournaments or Saturday basketball games and get involved.
6) Change Your Eating Habits:- You don’t have to go on an expensive diet plan to get fit. Simply change your eating habits to a healthier lifestyle.
7) Use Things Around Your Home To Lift Weights:- Instead of purchasing weights, find things to lift around your home such as large bags of dog food or even your children!
8) Walk To Work:- If you live close enough to your job, take advantage of this and walk to work.
9) Use Exercise Equipment You Already Own:- Chances are that you already own at least one piece of equipment. Use it daily as a free way to get fit.
10) Use Free Phone Applications:- Your smart phone probably has many free apps available to help you get fit and active. Search your market for great fitness apps.
11) Go For A Daily Bike Ride:- A bike ride around the neighborhood will get your heart pumping and help you get in shape.
12) Volunteer To Coach Youth Sports Teams:- Your community is likely looking for volunteers to coach organized sports. Get a coaching spot and take advantage of daily practices with the team. Instead of coaching from the sidelines, take a hands on approach in an effort to get fit.
13) Bring Out The Jump Rope:- That old jump rope you have in the garage is the perfect exercise tool for getting fit. Jump rope 300 times a day and begin to see results.
14) Borrow Work Out DVDs From A Friend:- Ask your friends if they have any workout DVDs that you can borrow.
15) Clean Your House:- Any type of movement can get you one step closer to your goal. Clean your house at least an hour a day in an effort to get fit.
16) Turn The Music On And Start Dancing:- Dance your way to fitness. Get the family involved for fun and fitness.
17) Go The Gym With A Friend Who Has A Membership:- If you can’t afford a gym membership, tag along with a friend a couple of times a week. Be sure to get the most out of each and every trip.
18) Swim In The Local Lake Or Community Pool:- Swimming on a regular basis can also help you get fit. Take advantage of the community pool and go for a swim 4 to 5 times a week.
19) Search For The Workout Channel On Your Television:- Your satellite or cable network likely has an exercise channel that is aimed at getting you up and active. Channel search until your find one that you like.
20) Start An Exercise Group:- If exercising with other people will motivate you, consider starting your own exercise group. The more people you have exercising, the more motivated you will be to continue with you journey.
There are countless ways that you can get fit without spending a dime. Use the 20 tips above to help you get started.
About the Author:
The article has been written by Christine. Christine is a fitness freak and writes for 1001Shop- a home of specialty products like decorative wall clocks, artificial silk flower, etagere, accent tables and lot more.