Hello everyone. Today’s article is a guest post from the blogger and fitness enthusiast Jefferey Morgan who owns Get This Ripped.
Have you ever wondered that losing weight could be so much easier? After hours of running on the treadmill and working out, there are still no favourable outcomes? Then it is time to inculcate a wonder drink in your diets. The drink popularly known as Green Tea is a storehouse of anti-oxidants. Green tea is prepared from the leaves of Camellia sinensis and goes through minimum oxidation. It is mainly cultivated in China but has become popular all over the world. Green tea catechins are unique and contain a concentrated form of epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which is responsible for providing so many benefits of green tea. Green Tea is associated with many health benefits which are scientifically proven. It helps in protecting the heart by lowering the risk of heart diseases and helps in warding away certain types of cancers. Green tea helps in raising metabolic rate, induces thermogenesis and helps in stimulating fat oxidation by increasing the metabolic rate whilst not affecting heart rate.
Green Tea Variables
• Green tea beverages: Green tea is mostly preferred in the form of tea, either hot or cold or along with milk, honey or lemon.
• Green tea supplements: Some people do not like the taste of green tea. They can choose from a variety of health supplements available in the stores. These supplements take a longer time to be digested but provide the same benefit as that of a green tea.
• Green tea patch: People also opt for a patch which sticks to their body to gain the benefits of green tea. The major drawback of this method is the adhesive allergy, the patch can cause.
Benefits Of Green Tea
1. Green tea acts as an anti-oxidant: It helps in cleaning the body by getting rid of the free radicals and impurities. It also helps in repairing and bringing balance in the body’s system functions. Drinking green tea regularly after a meal helps many people fasten up the process of losing weight as it aids in digestion and in managing blood sugar levels. The antioxidants also support to increase the body’s power levels, helping to maintain a better and a rigorous workout regime and detoxifying the body.
2. Green tea and insulin levels: A diet rich in sugar and carbohydrates lead to immense weight gain. Drinking green tea regularly can delay the process of carbohydrate release and blocks the glucose production to be absorbed by the body. Green tea helps in burning the fat present in the cells of the body. Green tea along with a good workout regime can produce a fit, healthy and a lean body. Green tea also helps in curbing the hunger pangs. It is an appetite suppressant, so that extra calories are not consumed unnecessarily by the body.
3. Green tea and high metabolic rate: Green tea drinkers have a high metabolic rate which burns calories and turns them into energy. Green Tea is a natural stimulant which helps in burning more calories. The quicker calories are burnt, the quicker fat content in the body is shed.
Green tea can cure the illness states including cardiovascular (heart) diseases, arthritis and diabetes. It also prevents tooth decay and is effective in the treatment of multiple sclerosis. It is also proven that many enzymes present in green tea help in keeping the brain cells healthy and thus delaying the diseases like Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease. Green tea also helps in preventing acne and slows down the ageing process naturally.
A 90-day trial, conducted at Fudan University, in Shanghai, China, was funded by the Lipton Institute of Tea. The study supports existing evidence that green tea has a significant beneficial effect on body composition in Asian populations. 182 moderately weighing Chinese people were selected and were given different quantities of green tea ranging from 30 mg to 900 mg over a trail of 90 days period. The results concluded that compared to the people who did not consume green tea, the people who consumed green tea lost waist circumference, weight, abdominal fat, and total lean mass.
A study published in the January, 2005 edition of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition concluded “Daily consumption of tea containing 690 mg catechins for 12 weeks reduced body fat, which suggests that the ingestion of catechins might be useful in the prevention and improvement of lifestyle-related diseases, mainly obesity.
A study published in the December 1999 American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that “Green tea has thermogenic properties and promotes fat oxidation. The green tea extract may play a role in the control of body composition via sympathetic activation of thermogenesis, fat oxidation, or both.”
Green tea has a great effect on the well being of a human by shedding weight consistently and keeping diseases at bay. Green tea along with a good fitness regime can speed up the weight loss process and helps in creating a healthier and a leaner body. Green tea in the form of a beverage, a pill or a patch must be incorporated in the diet to increase the metabolic progression. So, “Go Green And Lose Weight Naturally”.
About The Author:
This article is a contribution by Jefferey Morgan who is an enthusiastic writer and has commendable knowledge on health and wellness, he is a fitness expert and has been working out for almost a decade. You can learn more about how to get ripped fast and visit his site Get This Ripped to know more about him.