Hello everyone. Today’s article is a guest post from Melissa Tamura.
As with money, stamina is something that everyone wants to get more of. Being able to achieve greater stamina could be as easy as changing your diet. As we all know by now, what you eat effects how your body reacts, or doesn’t react. Your body relies on the vitamins and nutrients in the food you eat to keep it running properly.
Stamina is your energy level, basically it’s your endurance, how long you can mentally and physically endure activities. You can increase your stamina just by making a few minor adjustments in what you eat. These are not bizarre foods that you have never heard of, or that you can’t even pronounce. Some of these foods you already may have in your kitchen cabinets at home.
1) Peanut Butter– Peanut Butter is a food that there is a lot of misconception about due to the fact of the high content, the fat that is in peanut butter is actually one of the fats that is good for you and your body needs. Although peanut butter is high in calories, it digests slowly, leaving your body fueled for a longer period of time. Also, peanuts, cashews, and walnuts contain high amounts of L-Arginine, which is an element that increases endurance. Green leafy vegetables, seeds, and chickpeas also contain high amounts of L-Arginine.
2) Oily fish– Oily fish such as Carp, Swordfish, Sardines, Trout, Salmon, and Mackerel are a great food choice to increase your stamina due to the high contents of magnesium, zinc, and selenium, these are necessary for the body.
3) Oatmeal-Oatmeal is loaded with complex carbohydrates that cause your body to digest slowly. Oatmeal is a great resource for energy because it keeps your blood sugar levels at bay, which means that you won’t experience a crash, once digested.
4) Beans– Beans contant a high level of iron. Iron is known to aid with the production of red blood cells that carry oxygen to your muscles. This will allow you to be more active for a longer period of time.
5) Green Tea– Green Tea has a lot of known benefits for overall a good quality healthy life. It can lower your cholesterol; reduce your risk for a heart attack and for reducing stress. It is unknown if it’s the Thiamine in the Green Tea, which aid in breaking down the carbohydrates, or the riboflavin that work with your metabolism ,that allow this herb to make you feel more energized. This method comes highly recommended by many doctors.
When trying to achieve more stamina a key component to remember is get enough rest. Your body needs rest just as much as it needs these foods to keep you and your body working up to potential. When you are sleeping your body has a chance to rest and repair itself, this is a necessary process to gain
overall maximum stamina.
So grab your self a plate of fish, beans, and a cup of some Green Tea and you will be unstoppable!