Hello everyone. This is a guest post from Ryan Rivera who writes for Calm Clinic.
Whether you like it or not, stress will always be a part of your life. Contrary to popular thinking, stress is not only induced by negative circumstances. Even positive events in life such as getting married, moving to a new house or having a baby could be life-changing and stressful. Fortunately, stress does not have to take its toll on anybody. There are natural steps you can take to manage your stress well. Managing stress is indeed possible even without the need for invasive treatments and artificial chemicals. You also have to bear in mind that the failure to manage your stress can have serious implications on your health and on your relationships with other people.
1. Take A Break: You will usually feel stressed when a lot of things overwhelm you. There is really a grain of truth in the principle that all work and no play could make you a dull person. It will always be helpful to take even just a simple break from your work. When you are in the office, a short run down of simple stretching exercises can bring you relief.
2. Do Meditation: Because meditation brings you closer to your inner self, doing meditation routines regularly will help you deal with stress effectively. Deep breathing exercises can also put your mind and body into the resting mode. Nevertheless, these deep breathing exercises will only be effective if you concentrate on them. Effective meditation also integrates deep breathing exercises.
3. Maintain A Consistent & Rigorous Exercise Routine: Involving more muscles in your body in producing energy will be extremely helpful in alleviating the stress that you are experiencing. Regular exercise will also help beef up your body’s resistance and immune system that will serve as your shield against the physical and mental threats brought about by stress.
4. Live A Healthy Lifestyle: Health and medical concerns can add up to the factors that trigger your stress. If you smoke or drink, this would be the perfect time to quit your unhealthy habits. Although most companies claim that moderate smoking or drinking would be acceptable, these habits or vices would actually intensify your anxiety and stress.
5. Engage In A New Hobby: When you involve yourself in things and activities you enjoy doing, you will feel that your load has become lighter and lighter. Getting busy with hobbies would be a great diversion. You can be active in your favourite sports. You can travel. You can volunteer in any of the local charity organizations. You can join photography groups. Your hobby will also make you more productive.
6. Drink Herbal Teas: Teas have been popular as healthy substitutes to your favourite beverages. Nevertheless, herbal teas also have a soothing effect. In particular, herbal teas such as chamomile are very effective in relaxing your body and mind.
7. Keep A Positive Mindset: Stress will definitely overpower you once you start entertaining negative thoughts. Although it can be easier said than done, your negative thoughts should be replaced with positive and proactive ones.
8. Have A Healthy Diet: Load yourself up with the nutrients and minerals to fight off stress. The B vitamins such as B1, B6 and B12 are the most effective nutrients in alleviating stress. Cereal grains, peas, beans, nuts, eggs, liver and dairy products are highly recommended in your daily menu.
9. Get Good Sleep: Getting 8 hours of sleep every day is not enough. You also need to ensure the quality of your sleep. Individuals who sleep well are less prone to irritation and stress.
10. Surround Yourself With Positive Influences: You will feel less stressed when you spend more time with the people important to you.
About the Author:
This guest post was written by Ryan Rivera who runs Calm Clinic.