Hello everyone. Today’s article is a guest post from Becky Mackay – an online writer, with a keen interest in health and lifestyle. You can get even more fitness tips from Becky by visiting her Twitter page FreshHealth11.
Unless you are one of those lucky people with a high metabolism, then you understand the struggle involved in losing weight. It feels like you are constantly working to keep those extra pounds off and spend too much time stuck in your ‘fat clothes.’ However, there are a number of unusual weight loss tips, which could help you on your way to losing those extra pounds.
1. Eat More Spicy Food. Peppers are known to raise your metabolism, but spicy food also has another weight loss trick up its sleeve. When you eat spicy food you tend to eat slower and by eating slowly you will realise that you are full quicker and therefore will be able to stop before you overeat.
2. Eat Only What You Can Put Onto A Fork. With this trick you can only eat a small amount of food with each mouthful and your stomach will then be able to announce when it is full a great deal quicker, stopping your overeating habits. This trick also prevents the wasting of food and can help lower the cost of your weekly shop, as you will only eat what you need.
3. Cook With Turmeric. One of the components in turmeric is called curcumin and it is believed to be a potent fat burner. Researchers believe that it suppresses the growth of fat tissues. Tufts University in Boston recently did a study on rats and discovered that rats fed a high fat diet with curcumin gained less weight than the rats fed the same diet without curcumin.
4. Brush Your Teeth More Often. This is not only good for weight loss but your oral hygiene as well. People who brush their teeth after every meal are rarely obese, according to Japanese scientists. When you brush your teeth it actually slows your appetite and protects your teeth. You are also less likely to want to consume food after a thorough cleaning, so as to preserve that fresh, after-brushing feeling.
5. Chew Your Food. We all chew our food, but if you take the time to chew your food and count to 10-15 seconds it will help you lose weight. Chewing your food more makes you aware of when you are full faster so that you don’t overeat. The bonus is that you’re also helping your oral health and protecting yourself from gum disease. By chewing your food more you are ensuring that all the little bits are swallowed rather than stuck. Follow this one up with #4 and you should be losing weight with perfect teeth in no time!
Losing weight doesn’t have to be a struggle and by using these simple, but strange tips, you can lose that extra weight and keep it off.
About the Author:
Becky Mackay is an online writer, with a keen interest in health and lifestyle. To find out more top tips visit her Twitter page FreshHealth11.