As the weight loss industry becomes increasingly popular more and more weight loss products are hitting the market. Unfortunately, there is a huge variance in quality between all the weight loss products out there. On the one hand some of these products really do the trick and can help you drop the pounds. However, others make plenty of false claims and come complete with a totally unjustified price tag. In this article I outline how you can separate the good from the bad and find the best weight loss products on the market.
The Internet is full of easily accessible information concerning weight loss product which is highly convenient for people wishing to purchase such products. The problem is that it is often difficult for you (the reader) to determine which information is good quality and which is not so good quality. You therefore need to learn not to take the information you find at face value and dig a little deeper. Below are a number of ways in which you can do this.
1) LOOK FOR OUTRAGEOUS CLAIMS:- Although you may want to believe some of the outrageous product claims and try to convince yourself that this magic pill can give you the perfect body in two short weeks, deep down you know that it is too good to be true. If a product is making ridiculous claims this is an almost certain sign that it is a poor quality, fraudulent weight loss product. Do some more research and get multiple opinions. This will often show you just how false some of the claims these weight loss products make are.
2) THINK ABOUT BIAS:- Another good way to begin digging deeper is to think about the interests of the person providing the information. Are they likely to be biased? Will they benefit from you perceiving the product in a good or bad way? For example, if the information is provided by the product manufacturer they are going to benefit from you having a good perception of the product and may over exaggerate certain benefits. If the information comes from competitors they are going to benefit from you having a negative perception of the product and may go out of their way to discredit it. On the other hand, people who have used the product usually have little to gain from your perception and are more likely to give an honest, realistic assessment. I am not saying that customer testimonials are the only source of good information regarding weight loss products. Just remember to always think how or why the information source could be biased.
3) LOOK FOR CLINICAL EVIDENCE:- This is in my opinion the best way to separate the good weight loss products from the bad. Product A may claim to help you drop 40 pounds within the month. Product B may state that it can help you drop 40 pounds within the year but is backed by a clinical trial where 100 participants used the product over the course of a year and 85% of them lost at least 40 pounds. Which one should you go for? I would go for product B every time. Not only is it making a more sensible claim but this claim is backed by clinical research meaning that it has been proven to work 85% of the time. Product A may sound better but its claims are completely unfounded.
Although clinical research is a good indicator of a products quality you still need to dig a little further. Find the original report on the clinical trial and read it fully because it may contain information that you were not initially aware of. Maybe the clinical trial was sponsored by the weight loss product in question which is not necessarily a bad thing but you may want to look for some independent opinions too. Maybe the conclusions of the clinical trial found that other factors could have affected the participants weight loss. Or perhaps the conclusions are perfectly valid. Generally, clinical trials are a good indicator of a weight loss products’ quality but it does pay to dig that little bit deeper.
4) LOOK FOR SIDE EFFECTS:- You may find a weight loss product that makes sensible claims, has received lots of good publicity from various sources and is even backed by clinical trials. Chances are that this is a good quality weight loss product but you still cannot be completely sure. It is often the case that when an effective weight loss product hits the market it rides on a wave of publicity and the negative side effects get swept aside. However, by digging a little deeper you can often uncover whether your chosen product has any such side effects. When you think you have found the perfect weight loss product just do a simple Google search such as “(Weight Loss Product Brand Name) Side Effects” and you will know in a matter of minutes if there are any side effects you should be aware of. There may be none but you need to know if there are.
5) ASK YOUR DOCTOR:- Your doctor is a qualified professional and will know enough about weight loss products to tell you if the one you have chosen works, how effective it is and if there are any associated side effects. They also have your best interests at heart which makes them a fantastic way to measure a weight loss product’s quality.
Personally, I do not believe weight loss products are worth the money regardless of whether they work or not. I believe the effects of even the most potent weight loss products can be outweighed with a good exercise plan, a healthy diet and positive lifestyle changes. However, I know that everyone does not share my opinion and that some of you will opt for weight loss product. For those of you that do I hope this article has proved useful. You need to dig deep and do your research when looking for weight loss products. Do not take any information at face value or make impulse buys. By doing this you will ensure that you get an effective, high quality weight loss product.