Bananas are a tasty, filling fruit that contain a wide range of health boosting nutrients. They’re loaded with fibre which protects against constipation, allows you to get the maximum nutrition from your food, stabilises your blood glucose levels and much more. Bananas are also a top source of magnesium, manganese, potassium, vitamin C and various B vitamins which collectively boost your energy levels, assist with chemical reactions in the body, help your wounds to heal, relax your muscles and nerves and much more.
Bananas don’t require any preparation and are very portable, so you can take them with you and eat them whenever you get hungry. Alternatively, they can be chopped up and enjoyed as a Greek yoghurt topping, combined with other fruits to create a tasty fruit salad or used as ingredient in smoothies.
The posts below provide you with lots of additional information on the health boosting nutrients in bananas. So have a read and discover exactly how bananas boost your body.
1) What Is Fibre?:- A detailed article looking at the two types of fibre (insoluble fibre and soluble fibre), their health benefits, the best food sources and more.
2) The Benefits Of Fibre:- An in-depth article providing you with a full overview of all the ways fibre boosts your body.
3) Magnesium Explained:- An informative article looking at magnesium, its role in the body, the richest food sources and how much you should be eating for optimal health.
4) Manganese Explained:- A comprehensive article looking at the benefits of magnesium, the best food sources and the amount you should be eating.
5) Potassium Explained:- A detailed article covering the role of potassium in the body, the top food sources and the ideal amount to consume for optimal health.
6) Vitamin C Explained:- An interesting article looking at the role of vitamin C in the body, the richest food sources and how much you need to consume for optimal health.
6) What Are B Vitamins?:- A comprehensive article looking at the health benefits of all eight B vitamins, the top food sources for each one and more.